Sunday 18 November 2012

Rob's First Post


Well, my first blog and Alison has been apprehensive - something about me perhaps not having time to write a suitably lengthy note in a conversational, easy flowing tone; maybe not being able to write with grace and style when describing the minutiae of daily life; perhaps not even being able to share my inner feelings....Well, fear not Alison - here we go!

When we sold our house one of the most amusing moments was when the buyer was asking about the cable connection; he couldn't quite grasp that it was not that the cable was disconnected - it simply did not exist. I started thinking about why I am so disinterested in TV and the following came to mind - "I would rather live life than watch it." Well, nothing else to add so that's all for today!

Oh yeah, I forgot. Alison says that readers enjoy a photo so here's my favorite button that was attached to a shelf in our bathroom for as long as I can remember:



This is really easy - next week I think I will write about why moving was so much fun after living in one place for 35 years ...

2 comments:

  1. Nice rant Rob...your blogging future looks bright ..Gar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh Rob.

    Here the tv goes on at least once a year.

    Fleur-Ange

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting your comments! I have made it so that I have to approve your comment before it will appear. I am testing this feature to see if it works better than having you fill in those annoying security words !